Hyundai Motor targets 228,000 new Sonata sales this year
SEOUL, March 24
SEOUL, March 24 (Reuters) - South Korea's Hyundai Motor aims to sell 228,000 new Sonata sedans globally this year, betting on the key model to regain market share and reverse a profit fall.
The world's fifth-biggest automaker, along with Kia Motors , aims to sell 63,000 redesigned Sonatas in Korea and 165,000 overseas this year, it said in statement on Monday.
Next year, Hyundai is targeting global sales of 338,000 Sonata sedans - 89,000 in Korea and 249,000 overseas.
Hyundai launched the mid-sized sedan in South Korea on Monday in the model's first makeover in nearly five years. The car will make its U.S. debut at the New York auto show next month, before going on sale in the United States. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |