JBIC and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust to invest in CVC's $3 bln Asia fund
TOKYO, March 24
TOKYO, March 24 (Reuters) - Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) said on Monday it has agreed to invest up to $50 million in an Asian investment fund set up by CVC Capital Partners Ltd, which is seeking to raise $3 billion.
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Ltd has also agreed to invest up to $50 million in the fund, JBIC said in a statement.
The fund will invest in Asian companies outside Japan such as Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and China, JBIC said. (Reporting by Taiga Uranaka)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand