Centrica to buy Bord Gais retail arm for 1.1. billion euros
LONDON, March 25
LONDON, March 25 (Reuters) - British utility Centrica has agreed to buy the gas and electricity supply arm and a gas-fired power plant from Ireland's state-owned Bord Gais Eireann for 1.1 billion euros ($1.52 billion).
Centrica's partners iCON Infrastructure Partners and Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners will purchase Bord Gais' distribution and renewable power generation assets, respectively, the companies said.
The transaction is expected to close in the first half of 2014.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S.
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic