REFILE-U.S. Treasury says Lew's prostate treatment went well
(Corrects typo in second paragraph)
WASHINGTON, March 25 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew's treatment for a benign enlarged prostate on Tuesday "went well and as planned," a Treasury spokesperson said.
"The secretary is now resting comfortably and continues to expect to resume his normal schedule in Washington next week," U.S. Treasury spokesperson Natalie Wyeth Earnest said.
Lew, 58, was sworn in as Treasury secretary in February 2013 after serving as President Barack Obama's chief of staff. (Reporting by Timothy Ahmann; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest