One killed in Cairo clashes over Muslim Brotherhood rulings
CAIRO (Reuters) - One person was killed near Egypt's Cairo University on Wednesday when protesters supporting ousted President Mohamed Mursi clashed with security forces, a health ministry official told Reuters.
The official said eight were wounded but could not give further details. The protesters were demonstrating against a court ruling earlier this week condemning more than 500 alleged Muslim Brotherhood supporters to death.
(Reporting by Shadia Nasralla; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |