Egypt army presents Sisi resignation to president: report
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's military leadership was presenting Field Marshal Abdel Fattah al-Sisi's resignation from his post of defense minister at a meeting with the interim head of state on Wednesday, the state-run Al-Ahram newspaper reported on its website.
Sisi is required to step down from his positions in the military in order to mount a widely expected bid for the presidency, which he is forecast to win easily in a forthcoming election.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Michael Georgy)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’