Egypt army presents Sisi resignation to president: report
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's military leadership was presenting Field Marshal Abdel Fattah al-Sisi's resignation from his post of defense minister at a meeting with the interim head of state on Wednesday, the state-run Al-Ahram newspaper reported on its website.
Sisi is required to step down from his positions in the military in order to mount a widely expected bid for the presidency, which he is forecast to win easily in a forthcoming election.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Michael Georgy)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets