Missouri executes killer of teenage girl
March 26 (Reuters) - Missouri officials on Wednesday executed a man convicted of abducting, raping and strangling a teenage girl who was working as a gas station attendant, a state Department of Public Safety official said.
Jeffrey Ferguson, 59, was pronounced dead at 12:11 a.m local time (0511 GMT) at a state prison in Bonne Terre, said Mike O'Connell, a spokesman for the Missouri Department of Public Safety. He was the third man executed in Missouri this year. (Reporting by Eric M. Johnson; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor