Argentina says January economic activity rose 1.2 pct yr/yr
BUENOS AIRES, March 27
BUENOS AIRES, March 27 (Reuters) - Argentina's economic activity index rose a lower-than-expected 1.2 percent in January compared with the same month last year, the government said on Thursday.
The market had expected growth of 1.6 percent in January, according the median forecast given by 13 local and international analysts polled by Reuters this week.
The monthly EMAE economic activity index is a close proxy for gross domestic product.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown