Argentina says January economic activity rose 1.2 pct yr/yr
BUENOS AIRES, March 27
BUENOS AIRES, March 27 (Reuters) - Argentina's economic activity index rose a lower-than-expected 1.2 percent in January compared with the same month last year, the government said on Thursday.
The market had expected growth of 1.6 percent in January, according the median forecast given by 13 local and international analysts polled by Reuters this week.
The monthly EMAE economic activity index is a close proxy for gross domestic product.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria