SINGAPORE PRESS-Bank Mandiri opens first Singapore branch - Business Times
PT Bank Mandiri, Indonesia's largest lender by assets, has opened its first branch in Singapore, seeking a foothold as rivals from the city-state expand in its home country.
The branch allows Mandiri to tap Singapore's financial markets to develop products that are not available in Indonesia, President Director Budi Gunadi Sadikin said in an interview in Singapore on Wednesday.
Mandiri aims for a "reasonable presence" and wants the city-state to treat it fairly as Singapore lenders such as Overseas-Chinese Banking Corporation and United Overseas Bank have established a network of branches in Indonesia. (link.reuters.com/buz87v)
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Singapore Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade