Comcast's Cohen to testify in U.S. Senate on Time Warner Cable merger
WASHINGTON, March 27
WASHINGTON, March 27 (Reuters) - Comcast Corp's Executive Vice President David Cohen will testify about his company's plans to buy Time Warner Cable Inc at a hearing in the U.S. Senate on April 9, a Comcast spokeswoman said on Thursday.
The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold the first congressional hearing on the proposed $45.2 billion merger between Comcast, the biggest U.S. cable operator, with No. 2 rival Time Warner Cable.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |