Spherix sues Cisco over switches, routers patent infringement
(Reuters) - Spherix Inc, which buys and licenses technology patents, said it filed a lawsuit against Cisco Inc alleging infringement of 11 patents Spherix acquired from Nortel Networks.
Spherix said the infringement accounted for a "vast majority" of Cisco's more than $43 billion in sales of routers and switches in the United States over the five years ended July 27, 2013.
Spherix said it acquired the patents from the bankrupt Canadian telecom company in December last year.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report