Turkey's Erdogan says leaking of Syria recording is 'villainous'
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday the posting on YouTube of a recording purportedly of top officials discussing possible military operations in Syria was "villainous".
"They even leaked a national security meeting. This is villainous, this is dishonesty (...) Who are you serving by doing audio surveillance of such an important meeting?" Erdogan told a crowd of supporters in Diyarbakir.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad