U.S. Air Force names companies eligible for $5.8 bln IT network orders
WASHINGTON, March 27
WASHINGTON, March 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. Air Force on Thursday named 12 companies that are eligible to receive orders under a contract valued at up to $5.8 billion for computer network operations and infrastructure.
The companies are Centech Group Inc, Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc, Smartronix Inc, SMS Data Products Group Inc, Indus Corp, Technica Corp, Telos Corp, Sumaria Systems Inc, BTAS Inc, American Systems Corp, STG, Inc, and MicroTechnologies LLC.
The companies can be awarded individual orders under the Air Force's Network-Centric Solutions-2 system, which covers a wide span of equipment and services, including network management and defense, security and telephony infrastructure.
The contract runs for three years and includes four 12-month options. (Reporting by Andrea Shalal; Editing by Dan Grebler)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies