VIETNAM PRESS-Bitcoin trading is illegal in Vietnam - Thoi Bao Ngan Hang
Trading of bitcoin is illegal and not protected by the Vietnamese law, according to a State Bank of Vietnam official, the Thoi Bao Ngan Hang (Banking Times) newspaper reports.
A Vietnamese company planned to open an online trading platform in Vietnam for bitcoin, but the government has not accepted bitcoin as a currency and thus there is no legal framework for registering bitcoin trading, the report said.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note