Ski-Doo snowmobiles maker BRP posts quarterly net loss
March 28 (Reuters) - BRP Inc, the maker of Ski-Doo snowmobiles and Sea-Doo watercraft, posted a quarterly net loss, mainly due to higher expenses.
The company, which was spun off from Bombardier Inc in 2003, reported a net loss of C$6.3 million ($5.7 million) for the quarter ended Jan. 31 compared with a profit of C$35.8 million, a year earlier.
BRP earned 41 Canadian cents per share, excluding items.
Revenue rose 14 percent to C$902.9 million. ($1 = 1.11 Canadian dollars) (Reporting by Anannya Pramanick in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting