U.S. risk panel to host asset management conference May 19
WASHINGTON, March 28
WASHINGTON, March 28 (Reuters) - The U.S. risk council is planning to host a public conference on the asset management industry in late May to help U.S. regulators assess whether the sector poses systemic risks to the marketplace, the Treasury Department said Friday.
The May 19 conference, which will take place at the Treasury Department, will feature panel discussions moderated by U.S. regulatory staff and solicit thoughts from industry officials, academics and other interested parties.
The conference comes at a crucial time for the industry, which has been engaged in a high-stakes lobbying effort to fend off the Financial Stability Oversight Council from potentially imposing additional regulations on large asset managers. (Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch; Editing by James Dalgleish)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |