Intesa CEO sees no M&A opportunity for now
MILAN, March 28
MILAN, March 28 (Reuters) - Italy's biggest retail bank, Intesa Sanpaolo, does not see any opportunity for acquisitions for the time being, its CEO Carlo Messina said on Friday.
In a conference call with analysts, Messina ruled out an acquisition in Italy in any case. He also said the bank did not plan a conversion of its savings shares into ordinary shares for now.
(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |