S&P affirms ratings on Austria, outlook stable
March 28 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Friday affirmed its AA plus/A-1 plus long- and short-term foreign and local currency sovereign credit ratings on Austria, saying the outlook was stable.
The affirmation reflects Austria's stable governance and predictable economic policies supporting growth, the agency said.
"The stable outlook factors in our expectations that Austria's economy will benefit from the improving international economic environment, the new government will adhere to a strict consolidation path, and Austrian banks will focus on their moderate capital levels," S&P said. (Reporting by Wayne Cole; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Hamas says three top Gaza commanders killed in Israeli air strike |