Deposed president demands vote on each Ukrainian region's status
MOSCOW, March 28
MOSCOW, March 28 (Reuters) - Ukraine's deposed president, Viktor Yanukovich, called on Friday for each of the country's regions to hold a referendum on its status "within Ukraine", Russia's Itar-Tass news agency reported.
"As a president who is with you with all my thoughts and soul, I urge every sensible citizen of Ukraine: Don't give in to impostors! Demand a referendum on the status of each region within Ukraine," Yanukovich was quoted as saying in an address to the people of Ukraine. He fled to Russia last month.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin and Alissa de Carbonnel)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies