NJ governor Christie says Port Authority chairman resigns after 'Bridgegate' report
TRENTON, New Jersey
TRENTON, New Jersey (Reuters) - The chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, David Samson, has resigned his position, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said on Friday.
"David tendered his resignation to me this afternoon, effective immediately," Christie told reporters a day after a law firm hired by his office released a report finding Christie faultless in the recent "Bridgegate" scandal.
(Reporting by Daniel Kelley; Writing by Scott Malone)
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke