European dairy cooperatives Arla, EGM Walhorn aim to merge
COPENHAGEN, March 31
COPENHAGEN, March 31 (Reuters) - European dairy produce cooperatives Eupener Genossenschaftsmolkerei Walhorn (EGM Walhorn) and Arla Foods Amba announced on Monday they intend to merge.
The boards of directors have circulated a proposal to their members and the boards of representatives of both companies are expected to vote on the proposal in mid-May, Arla said in a statement.
Arla Foods is owned by farmers in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the UK, and EGM Walhorn is owned by farmers in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands. (Reporting by Teis Jensen)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC