Macy's head merchant promoted to president
March 31 (Reuters) - Macy's Inc on Monday said that Chief Merchandising Officer Jeffrey Gennette has been named president of the department store chain, effectively immediately.
In addition to continuing to serving as the retailer's chief merchant, Gennette will oversee marketing and e-commerce at Macy's namesake chain. He will also take on oversight of Macy's in-house brands.
Gennette, 52, has been Macy's chief merchant since 2009. (Reporting by Phil Wahba in New York; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |