Macy's head merchant promoted to president
(Reuters) - Macy's Inc (M.N) on Monday said that Chief Merchandising Officer Jeffrey Gennette has been named president of the department store chain, effectively immediately.
In addition to continuing to serving as the retailer's chief merchant, Gennette will oversee marketing and e-commerce at Macy's namesake chain. He will also take on oversight of Macy's in-house brands.
Gennette, 52, has been Macy's chief merchant since 2009.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba in New York; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped