N.Y. Fed releases April Treasuries purchase schedule
NEW YORK, March 31
NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - The New York Federal Reserve on Monday released the U.S. central bank's April schedule of Treasuries purchases for its third round of quantitative easing.
The regional Fed bank, which conducts the Fed's open market operations, as previously announced will buy $30 billion worth of government debt, less than the $34 billion in March.
The Fed has trimmed its monthly Treasuries purchases by $15 billion since December as policy-makers decided to reduce QE3 on signs of steady domestic growth.
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes