N.Y. Fed releases April Treasuries purchase schedule
NEW YORK, March 31
NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - The New York Federal Reserve on Monday released the U.S. central bank's April schedule of Treasuries purchases for its third round of quantitative easing.
The regional Fed bank, which conducts the Fed's open market operations, as previously announced will buy $30 billion worth of government debt, less than the $34 billion in March.
The Fed has trimmed its monthly Treasuries purchases by $15 billion since December as policy-makers decided to reduce QE3 on signs of steady domestic growth.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks