UPDATE 1-Ecuador to meet investors in non-deal roadshow
LONDON, April 1 (IFR) - Ecuador has hired Citigroup and Credit Suisse to arrange meetings with fixed-income investors in the UK and the US beginning on April 4, according to three market sources.
The roadshow is officially not related to a new bond issue and involves meetings with select accounts. However, the sovereign signalled last year its intention to return to the bond markets in 2014.
Any transaction would be the sovereign's first issue since it defaulted on US$3.2bn of debt in December 2008.
The meetings will take place in London on April 4, New York on April 7, Boston on April 8 and Los Angeles on April 9.
Ecuador is rated Caa1/B/B. (Reporting by Sujata Rao, Joan Magee and Davide Scigliuzzo; Editing by Sudip Roy)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |