Obama says 7.1 million signed up for Obamacare, law works
WASHINGTON, April 1
WASHINGTON, April 1 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that 7.1 million people had signed up for coverage under the Affordable Care Act and declared the law was achieving its goals despite a messy rollout.
Appearing in the White House Rose Garden, Obama acknowledged the law was not perfect, while calling on opponents to halt their effort to repeal the measure, popularly known as Obamacare.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Global stocks succumb to growth fears; ECB trillion euro question awaits
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold