Obama says 7.1 million signed up for Obamacare, law works
WASHINGTON, April 1
WASHINGTON, April 1 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that 7.1 million people had signed up for coverage under the Affordable Care Act and declared the law was achieving its goals despite a messy rollout.
Appearing in the White House Rose Garden, Obama acknowledged the law was not perfect, while calling on opponents to halt their effort to repeal the measure, popularly known as Obamacare.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia