BP says to close Bulwer refinery in Australia in 2015
SYDNEY, April 2
SYDNEY, April 2 (Reuters) - BP said on Wednesday it will cease production at its Bulwer Island refinery in Brisbane by mid 2015 as it restructures its struggling refining and marketing business in Australia.
Australia's refineries, owned by BP, Royal Dutch Shell , ExxonMobil and Caltex, are struggling against strong competition in Asia, a strong Australian dollar and high costs.
Shell earlier this year said it was exiting refining and marketing in Australia, selling the business for around $2.6 billion to global oil trader Vitol SA. (Reporting by Jane Wardell; Editing by Ed Davies)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |