Fastjet confirms long-term financing talks with Stelios's easyGroup
April 2 (Reuters) - African budget airline Fastjet Plc confirmed that its talks with potential long-term backers included easyGroup Holdings, the private investment vehicle of billionaire Stelios Haji-Ioannou.
Fastjet, which already counts the easyJet founder as one of its backers, had said last month that it was in talks with a number of potential investors.
Fastjet said on Wednesday that it would make an announcement about the outcome of the discussions in due course.
(Reporting by Richa Naidu in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Louisiana judge rules state's gay marriage ban unconstitutional
- China increasingly producing 'tools of torture' for export : Amnesty