Goldcorp suspends operations at Los Filos mine in Mexico
April 2 (Reuters) - Goldcorp Inc said on Wednesday it suspended operations at its Los Filos mine in Mexico because of a dispute with an organization of local landowners.
The miner said it has not been able to negotiate the renewal of an occupancy agreement that expired March 31, but discussions with representatives of the Carrizalillo Ejido group are still ongoing. (Reporting by Allison Martell)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |