Libya says moves oil security force headquarters to east, meets rebel demand
TRIPOLI, April 2
TRIPOLI, April 2 (Reuters) - Libya will move the headquarters of a security force tasked with guarding oil facilities to the eastern town of Brega, home to a rebel force occupying oil ports, the government said on Wednesday.
The government did not explain the move in a regular cabinet statement but it meets a demand from port rebel leader Ibrahim Jathran. His main headquarters are in Brega near the Zueitina oil port.
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |