Lightning clinch playoff spot with Montreal win
(Reuters) - The Tampa Bay Lightning ended a two-season playoff drought with a 3-1 win over Montreal on Tuesday that clinched their berth.
Rookie Tyler Johnson broke a 1-1 tie with a shorthanded goal at 12:41 in the third period to help lift the Lightning.
Alex Killorn added a late score for Tampa Bay (42-25-9) who tied Montreal (43-27-7) for second in the Atlantic Division.
Ben Bishop stopped 25 shots in the triumph.
(Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; editing by Sudipto Ganguly)
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- UPDATE 1-Protesters decry Met Opera's 'Death of Klinghoffer' as anti-Semitic