Helaba says well prepared for ECB's bank health checks
FRANKFURT, April 3
FRANKFURT, April 3 (Reuters) - German public-sector lender Helaba said it was well positioned for the European Central Bank's health checks later this year after increasing its core tier 1 capital ratio to 12.8 percent in 2013.
Helaba said on Thursday its 2013 net earnings rose 11.3 percent to 354 million euros ($487 million).
But the Frankfurt-based lender cautioned that profits would fall this year due to the continued low interest rate environment and the costs of complying with stricter rules. ($1 = 0.7263 Euros) (Reporting by Arno Schuetze; Editing by Ludwig Burger)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels