Russia's Sistema Q4 net profit falls 74 pct
MOSCOW, April 3
MOSCOW, April 3 (Reuters) - Russian conglomerate Sistema said on Thursday its fourth-quarter net profit more than halved year-on-year, due to a foreign exchange loss.
Sistema, whose biggest assets are majority stakes in Russia's top mobile operator MTS and mid-sized oil firm Bashneft, reported a net profit of $47.7 million, down from $180.1 million the year earlier.
Adjusted net profit rose 72.5 percent to $627.3 million on revenue of $9.9 billion which was up 4.6 percent on the same year-ago period. (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Megan Davies)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |