Sweden's Meda confirms will make statement later on Friday
STOCKHOLM, April 4
STOCKHOLM, April 4 (Reuters) - Swedish drug maker Meda AB confirmed it would release a statement later on Friday following media reports that Mylan Inc is looking to acquire the company.
Asked whether the company plans to release a statement, a company spokeswoman said: "We have said in the afternoon."
She provided no further details.
Meda's chairman confirmed to Swedish news agency Direkt earlier on Friday that the company had had preliminary contact with Mylan and would release a statement.
Trading in Meda shares have been halted. (Reporting by Sven Nordenstam)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program