Kolon Industries shares rally after a U.S. court ruling on DuPont case
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares of Kolon Industries Inc (120110.KS) surged by the daily limit of 15 percent on Friday after a U.S. federal appeals court threw out a $919.9 million jury verdict against the South Korean company.
On Thursday, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, voided the September 2011 verdict that favored DuPont Co (DD.N) over the alleged theft of its trade secrets related to a fiber used to make Kevlar bulletproof vests.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note