Rockets clinch NBA playoff berth
(Reuters) - The Houston Rockets grabbed their 50th win of the year to clinch a place in the NBA playoffs courtesy of a 111-107 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday.
Houston improved to 50-25 and are fourth in the competitive Western Conference.
James Harden scored 39 points and added nine rebounds and seven assists in the win which was achieved without Dwight Howard or Patrick Beverley.
The Rockets also created a buffer to current fifth seed Portland (49-28) as they battle for home court advantage in the playoffs.
(Reporting by Ben Everill; Editing by Nick Mulvenney)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Thousands of Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |