Kuwait's Americana chairman says not aware of potential sale
KUWAIT, April 6
KUWAIT, April 6 (Reuters) - Kuwait Food Co. (Americana) is not aware of any potential sale of the company, its chairman said on Sunday.
Reuters reported on Thursday that Kuwait's billionaire al-Kharafi family was looking to sell Americana and had hired bankers to explore a deal.
"As executive, chairman and board we don't we know anything about anything on this subject," Americana Chairman Marzouk al-Kharafi told journalists on the sidelines of an annual general meeting in Kuwait.
"This subject is for shareholders," he added. (Reporting by Sylvia Westall and Ahmed Hagagy; Editing by Yara Bayoumy)
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up