Kuwait's Americana chairman says not aware of potential sale
KUWAIT, April 6
KUWAIT, April 6 (Reuters) - Kuwait Food Co. (Americana) is not aware of any potential sale of the company, its chairman said on Sunday.
Reuters reported on Thursday that Kuwait's billionaire al-Kharafi family was looking to sell Americana and had hired bankers to explore a deal.
"As executive, chairman and board we don't we know anything about anything on this subject," Americana Chairman Marzouk al-Kharafi told journalists on the sidelines of an annual general meeting in Kuwait.
"This subject is for shareholders," he added. (Reporting by Sylvia Westall and Ahmed Hagagy; Editing by Yara Bayoumy)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |