Italian diplomat detained in the Philippines: ministry
ROME (Reuters) - The Italian ambassador to Turkmenistan has been detained by police in the Philippines, who have accused him of violating laws on the safeguarding of children, the Foreign Ministry in Rome said on Sunday.
The ambassador, Daniele Bosio, denies the accusations, a ministry spokesman said, adding that the Italian embassy in Manila was aware of the situation.
Bosio was on holiday in the Philippines, the Italian newspaper La Repubblica said.
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |