Wesfarmers to sell insurance broking unit to Arthur J. Gallagher
SYDNEY, April 7
SYDNEY, April 7 (Reuters) - Australia's Wesfarmers Ltd has agreed to sell its insurance broking and premium funding businesses to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co for A$1.01 billion ($938.74 million), the company said on Monday.
The sale, following another deal for Wesfarmers to sell its insurance underwriting businesses to Insurance Australia Group Ltd for A$1.85 billion, is subject to regulatory approvals that include Australia's Foreign Investment Review Board, Wesfarmers said.
($1 = 1.0759 Australian Dollars) (Reporting by Maggie Lu Yueyang; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Israel's Netanyahu tells Obama that Iran can't be allowed to reach nuclear arms 'threshold'
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |