Wesfarmers to sell insurance broking unit to Arthur J. Gallagher
SYDNEY, April 7
SYDNEY, April 7 (Reuters) - Australia's Wesfarmers Ltd has agreed to sell its insurance broking and premium funding businesses to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co for A$1.01 billion ($938.74 million), the company said on Monday.
The sale, following another deal for Wesfarmers to sell its insurance underwriting businesses to Insurance Australia Group Ltd for A$1.85 billion, is subject to regulatory approvals that include Australia's Foreign Investment Review Board, Wesfarmers said.
($1 = 1.0759 Australian Dollars) (Reporting by Maggie Lu Yueyang; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt