Foxconn eyes PE fund MBK's Taiwan cable TV unit - paper
TAIPEI, April 7
TAIPEI, April 7 (Reuters) - Foxconn Technology Group, the main supplier of Apple Inc, is rumored to be interested in buying cable TV company CNS from private equity firm MBK for around T$64 billion ($2.11 billion), the Economic Daily reported on Monday.
The move comes as Foxconn, whose flagship unit is Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., aims to tie up with CNS against Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan's biggest mobile and fixed network carrier, the report said, without citing sources.
Hon Hai, CNS and MBK all declined to comment, it said.
($1 = 30.2910 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients