GE Capital Aviation-linked entity plans $700 mln Hong Kong IPO-IFR
HONG KONG, April 8
HONG KONG, April 8 (Reuters) - An entity associated with GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) plans to raise about $700 million in an initial public offering in Hong Kong, IFR reported, citing sources familiar with the plans.
The IPO could take place as soon as the second quarter of 2014, added IFR, a Thomson Reuters publication. The entity has already filed a listing application with the Hong Kong stock exchange, it said.
GE Capital denied that the aircraft leasing company had applied for an IPO. "GECAS did not file for an IPO on the HK exchange or elsewhere and is not raising equity through any public offering," Russell Wilkerson, managing director of communications and public affairs at GE Capital, said in an email.
Wilkerson declined to comment when asked whether an entity associated with GECAS had filed for a Hong Kong IPO, the report said.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |