GE Capital Aviation-linked entity plans $700 mln Hong Kong IPO-IFR
HONG KONG, April 8
HONG KONG, April 8 (Reuters) - An entity associated with GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) plans to raise about $700 million in an initial public offering in Hong Kong, IFR reported, citing sources familiar with the plans.
The IPO could take place as soon as the second quarter of 2014, added IFR, a Thomson Reuters publication. The entity has already filed a listing application with the Hong Kong stock exchange, it said.
GE Capital denied that the aircraft leasing company had applied for an IPO. "GECAS did not file for an IPO on the HK exchange or elsewhere and is not raising equity through any public offering," Russell Wilkerson, managing director of communications and public affairs at GE Capital, said in an email.
Wilkerson declined to comment when asked whether an entity associated with GECAS had filed for a Hong Kong IPO, the report said.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Inspiration for Harry Potter nemesis Umbridge revealed on website