Citi to settle legacy securities claims, incur $100 million charge
(Reuters) - Citigroup Inc said it would pay $1.12 billion to settle legacy securities and other claims and incur a related charge of $100 million in the first quarter.
The bank reached the agreement with 18 institutional investors and said the settlement had resolved a significant legacy issue left over from the financial crisis.
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Protesters mark two weeks since police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |