No sign of euro zone deflation, says Malta central bank
FRANKFURT, April 8
FRANKFURT, April 8 (Reuters) - There is no sign of deflation in the euro zone even if the inflation rate is running below the European Central Bank's target of just under 2 percent, Malta's central bank said on Tuesday.
"In his statement the Governor notes that even though inflation in the euro area stands below the ECB's objective of less than but close to 2 percent, there is no sign of deflation," the Central Bank of Malta said in a statement on its 2013 Annual Report.
Euro zone inflation is running at 0.5 percent.
(Writing by Paul Carrel)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.