Kenya's NIC bank gets regulator approval for bonus share issue
NAIROBI, April 8
NAIROBI, April 8 (Reuters) - Kenya's NIC Bank said on Tuesday it had received regulatory approval for a bonus share issue of one new ordinary share for every 10 fully paid up ordinary shares.
Ranked in the second tier of Kenyan banks, NIC said in a statement that the bonus share issue remained subject to shareholder approval.
The bank, which also operates in Tanzania and Uganda, posted an 11 percent rise in pretax profit in 2013, helped by growth in net interest income.
The new shares would be issued to shareholders on May 8, the bank said.
(Reporting by Richard Lough; Editing by Drazen Jorgic)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials