CVC frontrunner in bidding for Spain's Deoleo olive oil firm
LONDON/MADRID, April 8
LONDON/MADRID, April 8 (Reuters) - British private equity fund CVC Capital Partners is the frontrunner in bidding for Spain's Deoleo - top global olive oil bottler - two banking sources said on Tuesday.
CVC was among several foreign funds that put in takeover bids last week for debt-burdened Deoleo. The company said all of the offers came in below its market capitalization at the time of around 486 million euros ($669 million).
Spain's government has said it would not block any foreign bids but has also signalled it does not want the company broken up by new investors. On Monday Treasury Minister Cristobal Montoro said the government was interested in investing in the firm but it was not clear whether it would help Spanish companies to prepare a rival bid. (Reporting by Claire Ruckin; Writing by Fiona Ortiz; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet