Russia's Gazprom says Ukraine fails to pay for gas on time
MOSCOW, April 8
MOSCOW, April 8 (Reuters) - Russia's top natural gas producer Gazprom said on Tuesday Ukraine had failed to pay on time for March gas supplies and its debt stood at $2.2 billion.
"They haven't paid for March," a spokesman said, confirming that Ukraine's total debt of $2.2 billion had not been reduced.
He declined to say what, if any, action Gazprom would take.
Ukraine's energy company Naftogaz declined immediate comment. (Reporting by Denis Pinchuk; additional reporting by Pavel Polityuk in Kiev; writing by Vladimir Soldatkin, editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds