Putin says Russia must be prepared for reduced imports from Ukraine
NOVO-OGARYOVO, Russia, April 9
NOVO-OGARYOVO, Russia, April 9 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday Russia should be prepared to spur domestic production to replace Ukrainian imports if Kiev decides to impose trade restrictions.
"I request that all contract obligations are responsibly fulfilled but we have to be prepared for any situation including imports," he told a government meeting. "It is necessary to consider where, when and which companies and what money can be used to expand production."
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies